Strategic Partnership Development Manager
LOCATION: The Publisher Development Manager is a remote, work from home position, as are all positions at Acceleration Partners (a structure central to our culture and our vision to change the work/life paradigm). Ideal candidates will reside in Germany. Some travel is required, for client meetings or other internal meetings, conferences, etc. Candidates must hold a valid passport and be able to travel internationally.
The Manager of Strategic Partnership Development will sit within the Client Growth and Partnerships team and report into the Associate Director of Strategic Partnership Development. This person will be responsible for managing strategic partnerships for one of Acceleration Partners’ largest and most complex managed programs. This role will dot into our Account Management team developing a robust global pipeline of prospective partners, recruiting, onboarding, activating them in the client program, and communicating updates to various stakeholders. The ideal candidate has 3+ years’ experience in business development, within a performance marketing channel preferred. This specific role will support the EMEA market (primarily focused on Germany) and requires expertise in the German market while overseeing all EMEA efforts.
TOP 5 JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT: Identifies new, high-quality partnerships and successfully recruits and onboards them into the client’s program; is comfortable with cold emailing; communications are clear, informative, and engaging. Supports the end-to-end business development cycle (prospect/engage/onboard/ramp).
- RECRUITMENT STRATEGY AND EXECUTION: Develops a robust plan for global recruitment that is aligned with client goals, including creation of partner pipeline, forecasting for revenue potential, timelines, communication templates and more. Researches emerging trends and recommends new partner opportunities.
- CLIENT REVENUE: Contributes to overall revenue goal for Partnerships team, and the growth of managed clients, through creation of high potential relationships for supported clients.
- PARTNER SUPPORT: Builds trust with partners via thoughtful communication and interaction; serves as the face of the client brand to prospective partners; showing an understanding of who the publisher is and what they do, addressing pain points that client might solve for. Supports partner through onboarding and activation into client programs. Actively drives negotiations of new contracts and business terms with large new partners.
- COMMUNICATION AND CROSS-DEPARTMENT COLLABORATION: Effectively communicates with Partnerships and client teams through various channels. Actively shares and seeks new ideas and best practices; collaborates with the Partnerships Team and client account teams to reach client goals more effectively.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
By 3 months…The Strategic Partnership Development Manager will have a clear understanding of their client’s KPIs, goals and initiatives, and knows how their work contributes to the success of the programs they support. They have created relationships with client contacts and team members and started to build a network of partners for recruitment. They are well-versed in prospecting tools and have utilized the tools to create partner lists and provide the details (such as a revenue forecast) the client needs to make a decision on the partnership.
By 6 months...The Strategic Partnership Development Manager will be meeting expectations in their Top 5 with minimal guidance needed from their manager. They have developed strong relationships with key client contacts and publishers and have a successful track record of onboarding high potential partners into client programs. They have an expert understanding of their clients and have the ability to effectively communicate their client’s value proposition to various audiences.
QUALITIES OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Self-starter with a strong internal motivation to hit targets.
- Effective questioner with the ability to dig beyond the surface.
- Emphasizes incredible attention to detail and is capable of multi-tasking and coordinating several projects at once.
- Possesses the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Displays accountability, always meeting deadlines and keeping commitments.
- Knows how to collaborate with team members in a remote environment and across various time zones.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and enjoys bringing order to chaos.
- Can overcome roadblocks and take a solution-oriented approach to challenges.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or related field, or relevant work experience required.
- 3-5 years of business development or relevant work experience (including account management, contract negotiations, and marketing).
- Experience in Performance Marketing (particularly Affiliate Marketing) industry preferred.
- Proven track record in exceeding revenue goals.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills with the ability to push back without damaging relationships. Detail-oriented and persuasive.
- Proven record of success in a goal-oriented, highly accountable, fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable leading client-facing presentations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, a natural communicator and influencer.
- Self-motivated and self-directed creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge.
WHY ACCELERATION PARTNERS?
Founded in 2007, Acceleration Partners is the recognised leader in partnership marketing and a six-time Global Performance Marketing Award (GPMA) winner in the “Best Affiliate and Partner Marketing Agency” category. Acceleration Partners manages programmes in 40+ countries for more than 170 brands including Target, GoToMeeting, Noom, ButcherBox, and Reebok. Acceleration Partners’ fully remote global staff of 300+ maintains a singular focus on delivering exceptional outcomes; and delivers deep and data-driven expertise in all key partnership marketing tactics, including affiliate, influencer, content, mass media, and B2B partner marketing. In addition, Acceleration Partners has received awards for its performance and exceptional culture, including "Best Agency" and "Best Team in Performance Marketing ("Performance Marketing Awards"), US Changemakers ("PerformanceIN"), "Best Workplaces" (Inc.), "Best Places to Work" (Glassdoor), and "Most Committed to Work-Life Balance" (Digiday).
As an organization, we are 100% remote, 100% of the time. Our infrastructure was built to operate remotely and we believe we do it better than most with equal access to tools, resources, colleagues, and leadership no matter where you are in the world or what your role is within the organization. When we ask our employees, “What motivates you to come to work every day?” Time and time again the answer is our people. Joining Acceleration Partners means joining a community of brilliant colleagues from around the world who are smart, driven, and who will challenge and motivate you to new heights.
Learn more about Acceleration Partners at https://careers.accelerationpartners.com/.
AP PERKS AND BENEFITS - WHAT WE OFFER
- 100% remote work for everyone
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Summer & Holiday company-wide shut-down weeks in July and December
- Volunteer and Birthday Time Off
- Focus Fridays (no internal meetings)
- Paid Parental Leave Benefits
- Wellness, Technology & Education Allowances
- Annual AP Summit all company meeting
- Paid sabbatical leaves, donation matching, and more!!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Top Global Affiliate Marketing Agency